Vaticinari

The great thing about getting older is you tend to say what is on your mind without worrying about what others think. So, here is a little of what is on my mind, or at least what is left of it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Monday, July 18, 2005

A Personal Apology

To the Mayor of London:

I wish to apologize to you, sir, for my countrymen and myself. Londoners have suffered a tragedy every bit as compelling as what America suffered during the attack on the World Trade Center, and yet it seems that we have taken scant notice of the attack on your people.

I do not know if we are just so self-centered that we can only think of our own suffering, or perhaps we are so inundated with horror and death in Iraq that we have become numb to such outrageous acts. But,

I would like to express my sincere condolences for the tragedy that has struck your shore and express my great admiration for the resolve and courage you have shown in facing this tragedy.

Sincerely,

Bert Wiefels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home